Already a subscriber? Access the platform through e-LAB Solutions Suite.
Introducing the updated Competency Assessment Hub from the College of American Pathologists (CAP)—an essential tool for streamlining compliance and helping meet regulatory requirements for either your individual laboratory, or your entire health care network. It’s still the comprehensive, customizable program intended to help laboratories manage the competency testing of their personnel that it was before … just better.
The CAP has been a leader in competency assessment since we introduced the Competency Assessment Program in 2007. And the Competency Assessment Hub remains the best opportunity to comply with requirements from CLIA and your accreditor, while also decreasing your likelihood of a cited deficiency and making your records more complete.
- Comprehensive — Maintain complete competency assessment records for your entire staff.
- Customizable — Customizable reports, courses, and tools that match your laboratory’s procedures to collect complete compliance documentation easily.
- Convenient — Reporting platform available online 24/7.
- Complete — Full library of 67 CE courses in 11 laboratory disciplines.
The Competency Assessment Hub offers its users tools that help meet CLIA requirements for all 6 elements of competency assessment, as well as help you manage the timing of your laboratory's assessments.
Tools to Save You Time and Worry
The Competency Assessment Hub provides a wide range of tools to make your job managing the laboratory operations easier:
- Question Bank – New for 2023. This full list of popular, standardized questions helps you create assessments with the CourseBuilder tool to align with your laboratory’s procedures.
- Instrument-Specific Observation Checklists. Standardize and simplify your observations. Only Competency Assessment Hub gives you immediate access to a printable inventory of more than 130 Instrument-Specific Observation Checklists from instrument manufacturers for competency assessments or training.
- Compass tool. Administrators use this powerful tool to create assessments, which are groupings of courses, checklists, and other activities for test systems, platforms, etc. Once created, assign them to groups of users for easy adminsitration. Assessments include all activities to document all six CLIA elements and up to three assessment dates (initial, semi-annual, and annual).
- CE course library. Your staff can choose from a full range of 67 courses in 11 different disciplines to meet CE needs. Our Pro courses act as supplemental refreshers for current employees, introductions to new areas by experienced staff, training for new hires, and additional continuing education. Individual transcripts are always available online. Each person who participates in the Competency Assessment Hub has access to both their completed and in-progress activities.
- Optional Safety and Compliance Courses. For an additional fee, gain access to these courses "off the shelf" for your employees. The illustrations and examples in the courses are lab-specific and you'll find them appropriate for your employees. The Safety and Compliance Courses offer CE credits, too. (Note: Safety & Compliance course package must be purchased in conjunction with Competency Assessment Program subscription. Not available for purchase separately.) Learn more about the Safety and Compliance courses.
- Records management. Never worry about finding proof of your CLIA compliance again. All of your lab’s Competency Assessment Hub records—courses, scores, checklists, assignments—are password protected, easily accessible at any time, and saved online for as long as you are enrolled in the program.
Are you ready to find out how much easier keeping competency assessment records can be? To learn more, contact the CAP today.