Designed for the busy practicing pathologist, the CAP’s Clinical Pathology Improvement Program (CPIP) offers online CME courses in topics like Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular, Toxicology, Transfusion Medicine/Bloodbanking, and Laboratory Management. Authored by pathologists who are experts in their specialties, the CPIP courses offer pathologists CME credits while providing opportunities to learn more about specialized topics and to keep abreast of current scientific knowledge.
CPIP courses are practical and easily applied to your work. The interactive case-based approach builds as you move through the materials, unveiling additional information – just like in the real world. Because CPIP is an online program, the courses listed below are available when and where the learner is ready.
Consider CPIPs if you are a:
Pathologist with clinical and/or laboratory management responsibilities
Pathologist seeking CME or MOC credits in clinical pathology
Subspecialty clinical pathologist who needs to keep current
Pathology resident preparing for boards in clinical pathology
Whether choosing to purchase individual cases, released monthly, or selecting an annual subscription, each CPIP case will help you to gain the knowledge you need to stay at the forefront of diagnosing illnesses.
CPIP addresses many topic areas. Choose from available current courses below.
Technical Fundamentals of Blood Gases
Challenges in blood gas testing.
Removal of Race from Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) Equations
Eliminating race in eGFR equations.
Carbon Monoxide Management
Carbon monoxide poisoning
Growth Hormone Axis Testing: Clinical Applications and Challenges
Interpret results of GH assays.
Islet Autoantibodies for predicting Type 1 Diabetes
Use islet autoantibodies to predict type 1 diabetes.
Hear from our expert:
Prolonged Prothrombin Time (PT) with Prolonged Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (aPTT)
Learn the impact of preanalytic variables on PT and aPTT.
The CAP offers several other resources related to topics of clinical pathology and laboratory management.
- Pathology Resident Burnout
- A Strategy for Addressing Adversity Makes All the Difference
- The Updates of Molecular Testing in T-Cell Malignancies
- CHIPping Away at CHIP (or What It Means If Your Heme of Solid Tumor NGC Panel Identifies CH)
- Molecular Oncology Testing in the Pediatric Population
- Biomarker Testing for Lung Adenocarcinoma in 2021 – Summary for Practicing Pathologist
- How Good are COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Diagnostic PCR Tests?
- The Imprecision in Precision Medicine
- Testing of Specimens From Patients With Advanced Colorectal Carcinoma
- Modern Genomic Profiling in Myeloid Disorders and Acute Leukemia: A Practical Approach
- Rapid Molecular Panels for the Identification of Bloodstream Pathogens
- Going Beyond Driver Mutations in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Next-Generation Sequencing for HLA Genotyping
- The 'Liquid' Biopsy
- Utilization Management
- Clinical Implementation of Pharmacogenomic Testing
- 5 Lessons for Avoiding Burnout and Finding Fulfillment as a Pathologist
Tools for Pathology